Welcome to Skillsmax
Our mission is to inspire and support moments of optimism and hope!
Skillsmax is a company with people at its heart. Our core purpose is to enhance the lives of others. Our starting premise is to invest in lifelong learning for our learners.
To inspire and support moments of optimism and hope
Skillsmax is a company with people at its heart. Our core purpose is to enhance the lives of others. Our starting premise is to invest in lifelong learning for our learners. We assume that as providers we are also on a learning journey; our CPD programme reflects this commitment to lifelong learning for all members of our team.
Our mission is both achievable on an individual level and yet it presents us with an ongoing challenge because it’s never-ending in terms of the flow of individuals who we will encounter. By its very nature, it is non-linear in terms of completion; there will always be more people to work with. Those people may experience a range of experiences along the way, including successes and setbacks. So our work is like that of a parent, never ending.
The mission operates in several connected avenues:
- We may provide delivery teams opportunities in the form of business development or bid writing
- Delivery teams will work towards this with participants on programs
- Some more experienced delivery team members may work towards this mission with less experienced delivery members
- Skillsmax works towards this by supporting other not for profit organisations or freelancers to access DWP funding as a workforce development activity
This interconnectivity is vital to our success; we must aim to reach the range of learners and to meet their extensive needs.
Encouraging a collaborative workplace helps our business leverage the resources we have. Our resources are our employees. When we collaborate effectively, we are able to be productive and stay motivated while working on team projects.
Collaboration helps us experience the benefits of working as part of a team. We each play an important role in the success of Skillsmax, while feeling supported by the other team members. We transfer these positive experiences onto our learners as we work with and support them to achieve their goals.
“It is the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learn to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed.”
Collaboration to leverage our collective skills
- This may be experience of learner groups, own sector knowledge, use of specific techniques, links to employers
- It includes the wide range of skills we have as a team
- We are open to new and innovative ways of working together to maximise our learners’ experiences.
All experience is useful
We now have social media, go check us out below!